Friday, May 22, 2009

I Heart Isaac Mizrahi





As you probably don’t know I have been in love with a well-known designer who changed the game by being among the first to start an affordable version of his clothing line for a discount store that shall remain nameless. But alas, this is not why I love Isaac (that’s what I call him), I love him because he is in a word: amazing.

From his crazy tussled hair, to over-sized shirts and cuffed pants with dress shoes and no socks. No sarcasm here ladies and gents Isaac is the man. So imagine my surprise when I got word that he would be hosting ‘The Fashion Show’ on that incredibly addictive network known as Bravo. Seeing as how Isaac’s short-lived television show on the Style Network was ripped away from me just as quickly as it was put in my face, an opportunity to see him again is divine intervention indeed. Although there is one small problem: 'The Fashion Show' is pretty lame. Please understand that it pains me to say this, but Isaac is no Tim Gunn. No “Designers?! Make it work!” Nope not even a little bit. He lacks the snide yet vast vocabulary of Gunn, the German accent of Heidi Klum and the bitchiness of Micheal Kors (another one of my heroes). I totally get that this show is not meant to be the poor man’s version of ‘Project Runway,’ therefore I appreciate the effort. Yes Kelly Rowland seems so sweet, looks so pretty, and has some of the best hair I’ve seen in years…but its still seems bizarre. First, why is Kelly a fashion expert? Is it because she’s been to a lot of fashion shows? Or because she stopped wearing Beyonce’s mom’s designs? (Wait..that just might make her an expert.) Either way something about it just doesn’t fit. But I will continue to tune in, soaking up all that is left of my quality time with a one Mr. Isaac Mizrahi. To infinity and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment